One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in Las Vegas is breast augmentation, also known as a “boob job.” The goal of breast augmentation surgery is to increase or restore size using silicone gel implants, saline implants, or transferring fat from other parts of the body. For women who are looking to enhance their appearance, regain balance in their figure, improve symmetry, or replace volume lost from pregnancy, breastfeeding, or age, a breast augmentation offers many solutions.
Dr. Khorsandi is always researching and learning; taking his approach and training to the next level. He is committed to providing the best breast enlargement results possible. It’s important to choose your plastic surgeon based on education, training, certification, experience with cosmetic surgery, and your level of comfort.
My goal is to provide all of my patients with life-changing results that will boost their self confidence and way of life. My practice is dedicated to providing safe and quality plastic surgery.
– Christopher Khorsandi M.D.
As Featured In
What Does Breast Augmentation Surgery Achieve?
While the benefits of having larger breasts may seem obvious to some patients, there are some specific changes that occur. A breast augmentation can help with not only size, but balance, and positioning of the nipple.
Increase size – Regardless of the breast implant type, the goal of the procedure is to increase the size of the breasts. Implant size is determined by body shape, health history, and the patient’s desire. Together, you and Dr. Khorsandi can decide which option is best for your individual goals.
Achieve symmetry – Nearly all women have one breast that’s larger than the other, though it’s usually not pronounced or noticeable. In some cases, however, this difference may be so apparent that it causes insecurity. In these situations, an implant or fat can be inserted to produce balanced result that corrects asymmetry.
Improve position of nipple – Many conditions, such as sagging, large areolas, or downward-facing nipples may warrant an augmentation along with a breast lift to alter the position of the nipple. This provides a perkier, more youthful appearance. With the volume loss and sagging that occurs following pregnancy and breastfeeding, this is a popular choice for mothers.
Breast Augmentation Surgery Procedure Details
There are several types of incisions used for inserting implants. The inframammary incision, which is made in a natural crease under the breast. The transaxillary incision, which is made in the natural fold of the underarm. The periareolar incision, which is made on the border of the areola and breast skin. The transumbilical, which is made in the navel, though this is only available with saline implants.
Dr. Khorsandi and his staff will provide you with thorough preoperative breast augmentation instructions, answer your questions, and perform a physical examination. Also, they may also request a baseline mammogram before you get your implants, and a post-operative mammogram a few months following.
To prepare for your procedure, we will ask you to stop smoking at least six weeks prior, avoid taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs that increase bleeding, and stay hydrated to aid in recovery. In the case of fat transfer, you may need to wear a special bra to prepare the skin and tissues for fat injection. A breast augmentation is typically an outpatient procedure, so be sure to arrange for someone to drive you home after surgery and stay with you for the first night. Here are some things to expect on the day of your procedure:
- Medications will be administered for your comfort during recovery.
- General anesthesia is typically used, though some instances require local anesthesia or intravenous sedation.
- Monitors will be used to track your heart, blood pressure, pulse, and oxygen in your blood.
- Following surgery, you will be taken to a recovery area for monitoring.
- Sutures on your incision areas, a gauze bandage or surgical compression bra, and possible draining tubes will be used for a short time.
- In the case of fat transfer, liposuction areas will be sutured, and compression garments will be used on the liposuction areas.
- After a short observation period, you will be permitted to return home. In some cases, however, other post-operative recovery plans are arranged.
How to choose the right breast implant
There are many different implant types to choose from. Each one has their pros and cons which Dr. Khorsandi will go over during your initial consultation.
These implants are filled with sterile salt water. They can be filled to a predetermined size prior to surgery, or filled during surgery to allow for minor modifications.
The implants are filled with a soft, elastic gel and are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. They have a predetermined size and may require a longer incision.
Also known as “form stable” implants, are filled with a cohesive gel made of cross-linked molecules of silicone. These are thicker and firmer than traditional silicone gel and typically hold their shape better.
Breast implants are not generally referred to in terms of cup size. That is for strict use regarding bras. With implants, cup size is neither guaranteed nor discussed. Implant size is referred to as volume, such as cubic centimeters, which is a standardized unit of measurement. Together, you and Dr. Khorsandi can determine your desired size and appropriate implant volume.
Most implants are a round shape when viewed from the front. A teardrop shape is also available, which intends to look more natural. The appeal of round implants, however, is that they provide more fullness and shape that most women desire. This is entirely up to the patient’s individual goals and will be discussed during the initial consultation. Low, intermediate, high, and extra high profile shapes are available. This determines the projection from the side view.
What is the recovery time after breast augmentation?
We will discuss your recovery plan with you, including how long it will be before you can return to work and resume normal activity. You will also receive details instructions about aftercare, including information about any surgical drains and sutures, common symptoms you will experience following surgery, and any potential signs of complications. For two to six weeks, you need to be gentle and careful and restrain from physical activity.
Immediately following surgery, you should expect:
- Pain and tenderness – Your breast tissue will be stretched, so you will experience some pain and discomfort. This typically occurs during the first 48 hours after your breast augmentation, gradually improving over time, and is effectively managed with medication.
- Tightness and sensitivity – Your breasts may feel tight and sensitive to touch, as well as warm or itchy. This may make it uncomfortable to raise your arms.
- Discoloration and swelling – Some discoloration will occur initially around your breasts but usually subsides quickly. Swelling typically subsides within a month.
For the first week, you should expect:
- Stiffness and soreness in your breasts for two to five days.
- Surgical dressings will be removed within several days.
- You may need to wear a support bra.
- You will be permitted to shower within one to seven days.
- External sutures will be removed after a week.
- Tissue glue or tape will fall off on its own in a week or two.
- You may return to within a week, depending on your job.
- No lifting, pulling, pushing, or strenuous activity.
Potential Risks or Complications
Complications when it comes to breast augmentation is rare, but any potential risks will be discussed during your consultation. As with all surgeries, some potential complications include: Adverse reactions to anesthesia, hematoma, infection, bleeding, changes to sensation, scarring, or allergic reaction. Some associated complications include: infection, capsular contracture, implant rupture or mammography shadows that may affect breast cancer detection. Though these are some associated risks, the procedure is generally safe. Because of this, it’s important to choose a reputable and experienced surgeon who will thoroughly evaluate your medical history and decide if the procedure is appropriate for you.
How much does surgery cost in Las Vegas?
Quite a few plastic surgeons are specialized and have gained high level of experience due to the popularity of the procedure. An important and popular question is how much the procedure will cost. There are a number of factors that will determine this, including:
- Surgical Facility: Dr. Khorsandi will perform your surgery in a fully-accredited surgical facility with a highly trained and experienced team. The fees are by time and it will depend on what is involved in your procedure which can be determined at your consultation.
- Which implant you choose: Depending upon manufacturer, whether they are saline or silicone implants, or a more highly cohesive silicone implant the costs will vary. Though silicone implants cost more than saline implants, the advantages and disadvantages also vary and will be reviewed by your plastic surgeon at your consultation.
- Cost of Anesthesia: Dr. Khorsandi only works in the operating room with board-certified anesthesiologists. This is in an effort to provide the safest of care for you.
- Surgeon Fees: A well trained, qualified and experienced plastic surgeon can give you the best chance at achieving the results you are striving for. The surgeon’s fees will depend on the procedure recommended to you and include all post-operative office care. It is very important to not make a decision where to have your surgery by the costs.
About the Consultation
During your initial consultation, you will meet with Dr. Khorsandi and discuss your goals and ask any questions you may have. You may even bring photos of breasts you like as a frame of reference ensure you’re on the same page.
This appointment will also include a physical examination, so that the doctor can make a note of any differences between your breasts, as well as evaluate you as a candidate. This includes photographing and measuring your breasts, considering the current size and shape, the desired size and shape, the quantity and quality of breast tissue, skin quality, and the placement of nipples and areolas. Your consultation will also include a thorough medical history. Be prepared to provide information about previous surgeries, past and present medical conditions, allergies and current medications, medical treatments you’ve received, current medications, family history of breast cancer, and current mammogram results.
Finally, you may want to discuss any goals of future weight loss or pregnancy. Weight fluctuations and pregnancy can alter size and affect the long-term results, so it’s important to make your surgeon aware. Remember that the consultation is your time to take an active role in your surgery. Speak freely and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Visit Us Today! Just Minutes away from the Las Vegas Strip.
2779 Sunridge Heights Pkwy #100
Henderson, NV 89052